PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe
Thread: Flybe
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2016, 14:52
Reversethrustset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-DAVE

Get over yourself, as a current dash captain I've got more hours on the dash than you care to imagine. Let's keep every finger crossed that someone with your attitude isn't thinking of applying, or maybe you can't because you don't meet the minimum requirements. Shame.

Rexbanner, whilst I agree with you, it isn't the space shuttle and I never professed or even alluded to that fact. I'm just saying as a commander if you've never flown the dash it's a difficult plane to nail down if all you've flown is very small turbo props.
DooblerChina I don't think anyone is disputing that you can go from a cessna to the space shuttle as a first officer, I'm assuming your move to the 757 was not as direct entry captain? But to go from a small king air or twin piston to the dash 8 as a captain is a difficult ask, not impossible of course not, but it's a tough aircraft to get to grips with when you'll be in charge of it in the type of operation Flybe operates in, you also do not have the luxury of any experience in the right hand seat to fall back on so the buck will stop with you. We've got ex Hercules captains with us as DEC and a few of them have said they wish they did 6 months in the RHS to get used to the operation, but c'est la vie, what do I care.

Last edited by Reversethrustset; 6th Dec 2016 at 16:03.