PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Command upgrades at Jet2
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2016, 17:21
Johnny F@rt Pants

Location: Either the back of a sim, or wherever Crewing send me.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
- are upgrades actively encouraged?
- Absolutely

- what is the process like, I have heard it is not that well defined and you are sort of left on your own to get through it
- I don't think you are left completely on your own, there is a new (and still developing) upgrade process in place. Some of the work is done on your lonesome, but there are mentors that can be assigned to guide you along the way.

- are they hard on you and fail you for minor things or do they like to get guys through?
- in my opinion they try to get guys through. Define "minor things" and I might be able to answer, also, where are these "minor things" happening? If the "minor thing" is in your LPC, then you will probably have to repeat it, just like any ordinary LPC, if it's during the discussions during the upgrade process then no, it will be discussed and a correct answer will be achieved.

Basically...do I get CMD in RYR which I can soon, or (assuming I get an offer) do I try my luck in Jet2 and hope command will happen in a year or so...
- there's really only you can answer that. Look at the Jet2 Autumn 2014 thread lower down this page and start at about page 45 of that, plenty of why's and wherefore's on there regarding FR vs Jet2.