PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Gulf Air back to their old tricks?
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2003, 19:33
sirwa69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys what is the matter with you? I would expect more from people who are always telling us how highly trained they are.
Even more so from someone who is a professional trainer.
If you had read my post properly and assimilated it you would have noticed.

Firstly I qualified what I was about to say:
This is only a rumour, by that I mean that I have only heard it from one source at the moment.
This was because I had heard it from a Gulf Air pilot and I wanted to know if there was any truth.

When I heard this I did not want to believe it.
hopefully someone can tell me it's all rubbish and put my mind at ease
So the purpose of the post was twofold:
1: to find out if there was any truth in the story to which ia1166 did not exactly help with his
as far as i know
CaptSnails was much more effective in quashing the rumour.

2: In the unlikely event that this story was true then it would have been in everybody’s interest for it to have been made public. As it is not then there is no need.

ia1166
Pprune is not just for pilots but also for anyone who takes a lot of interest in the industry, and that does include the SLF. If you don't believe me then ask Danny.
You are not the only person on the aircraft, I want to know all I can about the men and machinery I entrust my life too.

Your rudeness appals me, I wonder how you got through your CRM assessment.

A300man
Thank you

CaptSnails
I do not require the cloak of anonymity for myself but if I posted under my own name then many people who know me would be able to work out fairly quickly where I was getting my information. I have posted many things on Pprune which have started as rumours and have proved to be correct. Some of these stories were helped into the public domain because of Pprune. If my identity were known then some of the people who have told me these stories would be vulnerable to repercussions.
I do not post on Pprune to be malicious but to merely try to find the truth. I have no hidden agenda, my agenda is completely out in the open and it is to ensure that Gulf Air never compromise safety.

And finally: As I said I did not start this story. There is at least one Gulf Air pilot who is telling this story at dinner parties.

Regards

Sirwa69

Last edited by sirwa69; 12th Aug 2003 at 19:48.