PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas non-stop PER to LHR?
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2016, 03:51
Tuck Mach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread commenced talking about Perth London. Qantas 'may' do more in the future. Perth airport called them on the vague assertions and challenged it. All part of the negotiation and media commentary becomes accepted fact, but Qantas may struggle to expand the route and hoping Frankfurt et al happens is not factual. Commercial negotiations come in and sort the issues... Sadly they broke down, wonder why?

Qantas has not changed, the same games will be played with all staff. Unions fall for the same tricks! IR practitioners rely on it. The internet offers so many resources for the curious to investigate and validate, but most do not do that, here is no exception.

The deal endorsed by 82% is the first deal in so many years that in the 'hurry',at Qantas' insistence diligence was neglected. It may be a desirable 'deal' in the absence of any comparative research, given there has been a 'lost decade at Qantas' it is understandable. Ever wonder what the hurry was? I hope the 82% are right.

I have no dog in the fight anymore, I was merely trying to show that facts may differ from one's view of events and history tends to teach similar lessons to successive generations. I am of the view that any management in the modern corporate cannot be trusted until their actions meet their words. Until then trust but verify

Should you wish to check there are various sources of data to constructively validate your 'desirability' for the given contract. By all means tell me I don't know what I am talking about, but please just do some cursory research.

IATA
ICAO
Avmark
IMF (even have aviation statistics)

As for me, it is of no concern either way. My professional background is different to many here and as it is an anonymous forum I shall keep it that way.

I hope for all pilots at Qantas that there are, other than vague assurances of more aircraft, REAL growth to follow. You might want to look at the gearing ratios though to see how likely they are to acquire further assets. I think 8 is about right, given the balance sheet at present.

I sincerely hope a career path long denied emerges.

Assurances from your management that more will follow, do not given their track record (there's history again) fill me as an investor with any solace.

Good luck to all..