PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jandakot Crash
Thread: Jandakot Crash
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2003, 18:22
03ILS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is an old topic I know, but you have to wonder about the media and what they are portraying to the community.

Just saw their "re-enactment" on their computer generated software. Not only have they pictured the aircraft on upwind at about 1000ft, they then proceed to show that, as a result of the right prop stopping, the aircraft then pitched into a steep vertical decent attitude and to quote 'plummeted to the ground'
....... well ........ doesn't that contradict everything that every single witness has said?

I also hear that the pilot survived, but is still listed as critical. It would be interesting to hear his version of events.

Out of interest, it was the second death in 40 year of JT history. I see the new chopper has been around for a few weeks now... So, as a result of this accident, is their going to be any new Emergency Service activated?
What comes with this chopper? Medically qualified crew? Or just a quick method of transport to a hospital?
It would be fantastic to have some something like this at Jandakot again, but a shame that it's implementation comes at the cost of a life.