PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B787 - LGW based
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2016, 10:00
INKJET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was only a matter of time before NAI would be granted DOT approval, of course the Donald may overturn it, but that is unlikely, in any event the US pilots and various union groups backed the wrong horse and contributed massively to Clintons campaign.

Next up is NUK and that should be an even more straight forward case.

Direct Bondi

DC is clearly an articulate contributor and from the outside much of what he/she writes makes some sense, however from the inside whilst acknowledging the factual elements, it does rather comes across as agenda driven, especial given the huge amount of content and research & time DC puts in, which rather begs the question as to why? (there are far worse airlines out there)

I belive DC briefly worked for a agency on behalf of Norwegian, so has some knowledge and no doubt a few contacts, but much as changed, so there needs to be balance.

I enjoy reading his posts but they have become more bitter over time.

When i joined Norwegian I was never offered direct employment with Norwegian, i was offered the potential of permanent employment after 2 - 3 years, which came to pass, in the early days there were issues over NI and in some cases tax, but that is history, all SH are employed by OSM (outside of K area) OSM is now 50% owned by Norwegian and pay local NI in country base and tax.

So there is no non compliance with tax/NI regulations.

The roster are tough and depending on base you will work close to the 900 hour limit.

For me after 5 years it works well, i live close to where work, get (well) paid every month, its not perfect but who is these days?

I know next to nothing about the long haul set up but position their crews around a lot and sometimes stay in the same hotel, most are happy, but again roster are an issue.