PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B787 - LGW based
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2016, 08:19
Direct Bondi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
campaign seems slightly crazed and is certainly tedious
“campaign” – not at all.
Objections and responses to ongoing reports relating to Norwegian’s abhorrent labor model. You may not be aware that others also object, including the six million members of the AFL-CIO federation of unions and; ALPA, IALPA, ECA, European Transport Workers Union ETF, Southwest Airlines Pilots Association SWAPA, Association of Flight Attendants AFA, the list goes on.

“crazed” – hardly.
Perhaps if posts were written unintelligibly and without supporting evidence in the form of factual reports, mostly with direct links to the source.

“tedious” – then read something else.

Conversely, I doubt you apply your criteria to those perpetually supporting the Kjos regime.

If his aim is to tarnish the company and discourage others from joining, he might be more effective ifhe added some balance and came across a bit less 'rain man'.
Norwegian is highly proficient at tarnishing themselves and discouraging applications without any assistance from me.

Balancing the scales of labor rights and labor principles, you will find at Norwegian it is firmly tipped against the crew member (read my posts).

The new DOT Secretary, Elaine Chao, is a former Secretary of Labor and former Deputy Administrator of the Maritime Administration. She will be familiar with 'flags of convenience' and may be sympathetic to union concerns regarding Norwegian's labor model:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/29/13777014/elaine-chao-transportation-secretary-trump-administration

After almost three years, Norwegian still does not have its US Permits. News from Washington would suggest it may be raining on Norwegian's application for some time:

http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/president-trump-and-us-aviation-a-likely-reversion-to-protectionism-312463

Last edited by Direct Bondi; 30th Nov 2016 at 08:59. Reason: more on new DOT Secretary