PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 6
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2016, 19:15
Robert-Ryan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL, Robert-Ryan are you serious?
So you are telling me that all airports lost around 70% of their pax through put?
I ll reiterate it Peel over saw a higher than average drop in pax numbers, this is FACT you can not argue it!
I can argue it and it's not too hard either, if you think that is a fact then frankly you don't know the meaning of the word, do I seriously need to break it down airline by airline, operator by operator and list the well publicised reasons for leaving?? Besides which wasn't it mentioned on here not so long ago that Peel also built up the "golden years" business in the first place?

If Peel were running the place into the ground and making it so obvious that they were doing so, then why not simply be done with it and shut the place because what difference does it make?? I know property developers are known for sitting on land for a number of years but it doesn't take 13 years and counting to shut an airport, besides which, Peel aren't even exclusively property developers, look at their portfolio, they have a number of ports, be it air, sea or otherwise...surely they can't all be being run down!