PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas non-stop PER to LHR?
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2016, 08:35
Tuck Mach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My current pseudonym is my only one. I am a new viewer to these pages. That personal affront aside, I present an alternative view based upon a background far different from yours. Try not to turn into a personal attack, it undermines your argument. .

As to their 'strategy', it is too little too late, the airline is now but a small footprint of its former self. Preoccupied in their own brilliance with JQ' to the world' the industry moved on. There will be over 500 787's flying when they take the first one, hardly a flash of inspired brilliance after all this time? International accounting is nuanced, so they masked it a bit.. They are heavily committed cash wise to JQ franchises in Asia (Alan's doubled-down after Geoff strategy) despite the stated equity position. As was the case in JQ HK, the equity position claimed by Qantas was not supported by the facts in who actually paid for and controlled it .Perhaps.'may' and 'could' are about all they have at present as the JQ unwind will take years and i am not convinced they will unwind it.. Why they don't break JQ out into segments in the annual report?

You are correct as Beer Baron alluded to, at least they stopped digging their own hole. Perth airport on the other hand probably want more than reassuring whispers and called them on it, and Perth airport is right..You notice Alan didn't say 'we will' when they pushed back?

have a nice evening.