PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 6
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2016, 15:10
Robert-Ryan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by onion
Robert-Ryan, Peel have done their up most to make the place un attractive to airline investment. Fire cover and ATC cover has been axed, I know of staff that have been hounded out, no investment in the place. Where has the promised £25m been spent?
If they put as much effort into actually operating as an airport rather than a housing development the place wouldn't be struggling as much.
Fire and ATC cover was reduced to help stem an unsustainable loss, it does trouble me deeply but it's a hard life, it's not practical to keep a number of staff on the books in the hope that an airline might come along during times when airlines don't bother with airports of our size. Someone once said on here that Absorbing the annual loss counts toward the £25m in which case they've spent more, again the logic of that troubles me but I understand it. I can't comment on the staff though I have heard stories.

As far as I can see your response is mostly opinion so I'll say again - prove that they have run the place into the ground...