PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mountain ridge crossing - safety review?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2016, 06:38
rnzoli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True and I appreciate that. But this steep learning curve is also intimidating a little bit. I had a misconception earlier that I can chose how steep my learning curve should be. Now it seems the learning curve choses us, and looks like a rather steep one picked me out.
All I want is to fly fun cross-country in nice weather on a regular basis, nothing more, nothing less.But now, for my upcoming 1.5 hour flight, I catch myself collecting VFR approach charts to no less than 3 alternates, 1 foreign international airport, 1 home international airport (both H24), and another one with Pilot Controlled Lighting. THen I talk to a military tower controller, if they can take me in case of an emergency. I even look at Google Earth, looking for long straight highway sections near my planned route, to know where to set down the plane, just in case. And I wil memorize the canopy jettison level location before the flight.

Maybe it's just me, but is there a known way to put back some stuff from the experience bag to the luck back again?