PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ikarus C42 thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2016, 19:23
MikeWhiskey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Genghis,

Seriously, putting politics aside, why do you believe that the UK will remain part of EASA? Once article 50 will be triggered, the process starts for the UK to leave the EU, so it is unclear to me why they will remain part of an European authority?
As some said: "out means out" - to me it is not granted for UK CAA to definitely remain part of EASA. I would not take Switzerland or Norway (?) as example of non-EU countries being members of EASA. AFAIK, they do not take part in the decision process and thus only receive the decisions the voting members made.

So,again, no politics, just trying to get the facts right (although a bit early as the exit-process has not started yet). I have a UK-EASA license and hence am concerned / unsure whether to consider relocating the license.

Thanks,

Marcel

Originally Posted by Genghis the Engineer
I think that Brexit's irrelevant to be honest. The UK CAA and sport flying associations have always been extremely careful about build and maintenance standards of imported sub-ICAO aircraft, and we're remaining full members of EASA post Brexit so far as anybody knows.

G