PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2016, 21:36
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bex88
LH looks like it has enough bids to supply from internal applications. Most junior is 3500 for P2 777 and 3000 for P2 787 so that is about 5-6 years service.
Don't know if you meant it like that Bex but as a pure guide of time to LH that's incorrect as of this moment. Seniority of around 3150 has been in the company four and a half years, I know that as I know a couple of people in that bracket personally. This month there are a few people leaving/having left the A320 fleet to go Long Haul with seniority of greater than 3400, 250 places junior to my friends, which makes their time in the company a little over four years (if that).

If you're not after a specific fleet then that's a possible indication of time to LH going forward, especially given the points Wiggy has made (retirements picking up), with the usual health warnings about the clarity of the crystal ball. Of course Bex if you're specifically referring to the Yammer post about the seniority required for internal transfer to the 787 fleet in 2017 then you're more or less right, although I'd edge closer to 5 years.

My advice? Take Short Haul if it's offered. If you really want to spend the rest of your career in BA it's an absolute no brainer. Waiting another 18 months will make a huge difference to your career in this airline, it's just one giant seniority machine and anyone joining would be best advised to get their name on the Master Seniority List at the earliest opportunity regardless of the fleet.

Of course you have the additional prospect of another black swan event making any recruitment in 2018 vanish and you will be kicking yourself forever if that is the case.

Last edited by RexBanner; 19th Nov 2016 at 06:28.