PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ikarus C42 thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2016, 20:24
Captain Spam Can

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ikarus C42 thoughts?

Looking for suggestions for the future, as a commercial pilot for 10 years I've longed to get back into GA for some time but it's so expensive. Now I don't have the time with a young family but will do in the future and I've always said I'd like an aircraft I could take somewhere(3hrs endurance tops not channel hopping) as I'd get bored finding my house for an hour each week and something interesting like a tail dragger or vintage to get back to basics without it been a spam can. Can anyone recommend the C42? Or something as cheap...(I know it's not a tail dragger or vintage &#128540

Pros.
1. Very modern 3-4K a share £30 a month and £20hr dry (cheap mogas)
2. Basic instruments so great for getting the charts out.
3. Unusual, in that the control stick is centre and other strange lever ergonomics
4. Capable of farm strips
5. Above all it seems very SAFE. German built, Easy to fly with BRS fitted. I'm past the days of getting in anything I have a family I want to share the experiance with safely.

I fly airliners with lots of fancy EFIS/FADEC/AUTOPILOT etc so the thought of something like a cirrus bores me, but the thought of a Harvard would cripple me financially lol.

Anybody have have experiences with the IKARUS? Or thoughts on other aircraft?