PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas non-stop PER to LHR?
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2016, 10:37
Fliegenmong

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now just my recent experience....

From On Eyre....

It might work for dedicated QF patrons from ADL. Currently have to backtrack to SYD or MEL which adds a leg and elapsed time ADL to LHR. Interestingly one of the shortest elapsed time ADL to LHR is with CX via Hong Kong (and prices aren't bad either).

From an SLF point of view on this particular (or similar) leg...

Thumbing through a QF mag the other day, I was reminded of how I should dress and behave in their moderate Islamic country....yet we go out of our way to accommodate their (or every other cultures) every whim...

I'm sure Dubai is Disneyland on Steroids.....and I am sensitive to other cultures nuances.....but care not to be dictated to how to behave when the national carrier has a beneficial (cough!) agreement to operate through Dubai....least of all I dislike their use of slave labour to build their 'Towers of Babel'

So, you know what? I codeshare with FINNAIR (QF51) now through SIN....I get a day or so in SIN, get ready, long one up to HEL, and from there anywhere in Europe.....

We love Hong Kong..(not to live!)..but always a ton of fun to come home by....again FINNAIR CX codeshare back to BNE....

Works for us because - I like to rest in SE Asia before flying home! I don't want the long east - west part to be through the ME. Home via HKG (or even SIN) works a whole lot better for me (us), timezone thing!

And that A350 is a real pleasure to travel on!! (From someone who has always favoured Boeing!)