PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEFO straight on to A350
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2016, 06:26
The Visionary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frank, your post is of great interest to me. If you would not mind.

Those China jobs are a trick. The pay is mostly bonus based. One slip up and there goes your bonus. Keep in mind it's China. You know a Communist Country with abysmal human rights. They will violate your contract at every turn. What are you going to do, sue them? Like the Middle east you are an expat worker. Do what your told or out you will go!

The process to get the job is a marathon and quite frankly, overkill!! Most do not make it through. The testing and paper work alone would kill anyone. If you do then get hired you are on a 3 year minimum contract. This means you cannot go anywhere else if you don't like it. You will not be a full captain for six months to a year and again one slip, off goes your command AND your pay. It happens all the time.

So you want to commute to China in economy with smoking Chinese as well as share the cockpit with smoking Chinese? I do not mean to be be rude but the mainland Chinese culture is, let's just say different than Western cultures or even Hong Kong! Ever have a riot on a plane, never mind snakes on a plane? It's not fun and will scare the crap out of anyone. Torches and Tridents being hurled at you will make you think twice about China. " I think Brick killed someone with a Trident"

How about if you get sick? Medical benefits and care in China, I would say, are scary at best. Again, unlike Hong Kong.

There is a reason they are looking and not so many are going. Yes, a few, but not really that many. If it were that great this place would be a ghost town but it isn't. If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. There are some decent gigs though, Xiamen for one I have heard is ok. Japan is going to open there doors soon but 9 months to a year in training is ridiculous. The giant Kangaroo is hiring again too.

Read the ads for those China jobs. It's full of clauses and various different patterns etc.. It's almost designed to confuse anyone.

I think the best option is going home and flying for a local carrier like a Jet2 or Easyjet etc... Not saying it's a lot better but if you are tired of the Kong and this miserable lot.

https://www.pilotcareercentre.com/Pi.../CargoLogicAir

Best of luck to everyone I say.

Last edited by The Visionary; 15th Nov 2016 at 07:09.