PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bomb in shoe joke lands AF pilot in hot water
Old 10th Aug 2003, 23:08
CarltonBrowne the FO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

I get screened every working day. They recognise me at security, so if anything they possibly relax a little too much: my briefcase must look pretty jumbled, what with a headset, pens, a clipboard (lotsn of metal clips on it), calculator, sometimes a small square lump of organic material (we have to bring our own meals )... they rarely stop me, although sometimes the x-ray operator stops the belt at my case, long enough to see whose it is.
When they ask to look inside my bag, or to frisk me, I smile, say "Sure" and do as I'm told. It's over very quickly, and the security staff never hassle me. Of course, this is in an environment where all staff have been searched for nearly 15 years (since 21 December 1988 in fact). As for the US: hopefully, if they stop getting a rise out of pilots, the screeners on a power-trip will lose interest in giving you grief eventually...
I don't mean any of the above as a dig at the US; the searches are never going to stop, but if you obviously don't mind, they'll leave you alone and hassle your grumpy old captain instead!