PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kipper fleet macho, chauvinist and tribal
Old 10th Aug 2003, 20:06
The Gorilla

Inter Arma Enim Silentius Lex Legis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Woff

Hear Hear!! Well said.

Let us not forget how the RAF (and what we really mean of course is the MOD) treats people.

You only have to be watching the daily news to see just how high the MOD and its' services regard their personnel.

Recent history shows that "they" believe they are beyond the law. The pregnant women fiasco is to name but one such sad example. There are many others in the public domain, but the days of honouring themselves will soon be at an end.

So I say wake up those isolated and insular service people!! Society has changed beyond ALL recognition in a few short years. The right to work in a harassment free environment is enshrined in basic rights to which HMG has signed up to. Doesn't matter what your creed, colour, religion or sexuality etc is. In this case the fact she is a woman is really quite irrelevant in my view, she was bullied and harassed at work. That's illegal and is the end of the story. Lots of people in the services get treated this way day in day out. It is in our ethos to do so!! Or is deepcut just a media conspiracy then?

My direct experience of the last 15 months shows that harassment and bullying are alive and well and enshrined in daily operations. If you don't do this X will happen (X being very unpleasant)
The RAF pays as much lip service to harassment as it does to Flight Safety, and I should know. I was that man who highlighted fatigue issues in Oman, and has paid dearly for it!!

Until the cancer within the system is cut out, there will be many more such cases to come. It isn't 1955 anymore and I sincerely hope she gets £Millions. Since money seems to be the only thing that motivates our out of date dinosaurs!! Hit them where it hurts!!