PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bomb in shoe joke lands AF pilot in hot water
Old 10th Aug 2003, 12:14
robmac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cargo Boy

Your remarks are right on the money, perfect comments, 10/10.

I make my crust as a security consultant, mainly in third world countries with various terrorist and other problems.

Business is good enough to keep my expensive personal twin prop in the air, even at SE Asia maintenance rates.

The enemy of good security is lack of imagination, lateral thinking, and prompt decisive individual action at the right times.

Most of the TSA screeners fall well short of that standard I am afraid.

I was astounded last year at Miami Intl to see a United Captain getting turned over big style at the security point. I asked the screener if he really thought that the captain was a terrorist, and even if he was, what was the point of searching him for a weapon as he would shortly be flying it

In fact I had a sudden humerous image of the captain pulling out a gun, holding it against his head and saying "take me to Cuba or the skygod gets it !!!!!!

Of course the reaction of the screener was

One final point, when they start arming crew (another strange manoevre), I hope they remember to tell the screeners or there could be a few shocks at security

robmac