PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bomb in shoe joke lands AF pilot in hot water
Old 10th Aug 2003, 06:45
cargo boy
I've only made a few posts so I don't feel the need to order a Personal Title and help support PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

This just goes to prove that the cosmetic security measures that we have in place is being run by moronic imbeciles. If the TSA monkeys can't figure out that the operating crew, in uniform, are trying to be humorous or more likely trying to make a point that the charade of this pathetic security system that's in place then we, collectively as aircrew need to make a point.

How many terrorists have they winkled out with this security? How many terrorists ae going to admit they are carrying a bomb in their shoe? Someone here needs to a real kick up their @rse and it's not the pilot! Some of you who are shrieking with outrage at the foolishness of the pilot are either pompous w@nkers or so far up your own backsides that you have lost the plot.

I would suggest a campaign, preferably organised by IFALPA, that one a given date every one of us who is operating that day, in uniforum, jokes that we have a bomb in our shoe and watch the airline industry grind to a halt within a few hours. You'd soon see the politicians trembling at the outrage from their travelling voters giving them hell over some of the crap we have to put up with every time we try to board our aircraft for work.

If the TSA chimp couldn't figure out that a joke was being made, a joke aimed at the futility of the situation that the pilot doesn't actually need any bomb or weapon to take out his or her aircraft, then that plonker needs their head examining. To insinuate that the pilot faces a possible prison sentence of up to 11 years and all the trouble caused by this joke called the TSA goes to show the absurdity of the situation. As stated in another thread elsewhere, these TSA monkeys think irony is something you prescribe to an anaemic!

Let's see how many pompous idiots jump in here and fail to stand behind this Air France pilot. The rest of us who are pilots should be the first to see the irony of a uniformed pilot reporting for work claiming he has a bomb in his shoe and a sh!t for brain TSA monkey totally missing the point.