PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bomb in shoe joke lands AF pilot in hot water
Old 10th Aug 2003, 04:06
PlaneTruth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right On Tripower!

Last month while going through security, a novice X-Ray technician zeroed in on my miniature break-apart screwdriver (the same on I have carried for 18+ months and never been stopped for -about 1 inch long). "I'll have to ask the supervisor on this one he said. I gathered up my stuff and wandered over to the super's podium. The super looked at me and gave me a wry smile and said, "I can say something you cannot. The most deadly weapons you have are your hands."

(I wanted to ask him if he had ridden through a couple of my landings....) "You are absolutely right," I said.

Then he added, "Another pilot came through here in uniform with a "tool" and after questioning him I let him go. The guy immediately called the FAA and ratted me out for letting him through with the tool and then they called the TSA and in 15 minutes my ass was on the hotseat." I asked him if he gives this guy a ton of grief everytime he shows up. He certainly deserves it.

It is true: We are sometimes our own worst enemies. Or, as Pogo said, "We have met the enemy and it is us."

Damned fool morons!

PT