PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2016, 12:09
cj241101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by planedrive
I still don't understand the obsession with jetbridges? They slow everything down massively so Luton would basically grind to a halt, especially as they need trained ground handlers to operate them
It is an unfortunate byproduct of the LCC's that a turnround in the shortest possible time (25 minutes for a 189 seat aircraft in one case) is considered far more important than anything relating to passenger comfort. Boarding from the pier gates - the most obvious places for airbridges - passengers have to negotiate 50-60 steps down (no lifts unless you are a PRM), cross a busy airside road then queue outside in whatever weather the British climate chooses to throw at them before climbing another 20 odd steps to get on board. Yes I know it's all down to money and LCC's don't want to pay extra for better facilities. So we're stuck at the bottom of the airport league table for evermore. Yes I know there are other contributory factors involved in the airports ongoing unpopularity, but the above gripe is the one I hear the most.