PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chances for EK
Thread: Chances for EK
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2016, 03:37
aussiefarmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedbird, absoutely no need for that comment, even though we all know you would stay at your ****ty TP job in Malaysia and never take the better opportunity. And yes, I agree with other posters, sometimes we are our worst enemies. Sad. And that's the real reason why the profession is so devaluated nowadays.

Koji, my advice is that you prepare well and that you know what you are really getting into nowadays. EK is not what it used to be, which is putting off a lot of applicants, there is a reason for that and even though it will be a career progression for you there might be other that suit you better too.

I think EK selection process is very fair and comprehensive, (i can't believe I'm praising EK for something nowadays but it is true) which means that if you are good and you perform well in the simulator and other assessments, your experience level will not dictate whether you get the job or not.

Make sure your English is very good if you are not a native speaker and make sure you have good handling / scan skills - i am sure you do if you been flying a TP for a while. Best luck.