PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OSH Air Venture 2003 Overwith
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2003, 11:12
FWA NATCA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Working out by the runways on the MOCOW's (moble carts) and standing at the edge of the runway is my favorite spot to work, next is out at FISK, then the tower. Stacking four aircraft of various types, and safely launching all four prior to the arrivals touching down requires excellent timing, and yes it is just plain fun.

As Scott said, many of us controllers (PINK shirts) hang out at the NATCA booth during our breaks, so that we can get a chance to talk with the pilots and controllers that fly or drive up to OSH.

I did look all over for the pilots of G-BYZD and finally saw them on Saturday afternoon as they were taxiing out for departure. There are so many airplanes at OSH that finding one particular one is like finding a needle in a hay stack.

What totally amazes me, is that when we arrive in OSH on Thursday prior to the show there are maybe 20 or 30 airplanes parked on the airport, by the first day of the show there are over 14,000 airplanes parked at OSH. In all seriousness, if it flies, you will find it at OSH.

We are trying to set up a evening cook out by the control tower for next year so that the pilots and controllers can get together and trade war stories.

Mike R
FWA