PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Jab engine failure...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2016, 13:02
rutan around

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems that many don't care about an unreliable engine regardless of the reason for the fault causing the failure
There are 3 issues here.
First is Jabiru engine reliability. Statistics show that when properly compared with other engines is just as good or better.

The second issue is the accusation that many don't care about unreliability regardless of the cause. I think the cause is highly important because most of the causes of Jab engine failures were not the manufactures fault and therefore avoidable. Of the 40 engine incidents CASA cited to virtually ground Jabiru 28 were avoidable and had nothing to do with the manufacturer.
I am happy to not run out of fuel, not hit powerlines , not stall close to the ground , to do thorough pre flights , to carry out proper maintenance including upgrades and to follow operating recommendations.

The third issue is that of survivability should something beyond my control happen (as it can with any aircraft) The track record for Jabiru would suggest that it is very well built and more survivable than many others in the same category.

Mcoates are you finding it easier to make lazy, broad, damming statements than it is to present actual facts from qualified investigators reports.

I'm probably 'Stupid' but I'm still waiting for your numerous properly documented examples of fatalities in Jabiru aircraft due to engine failure caused by the manufacturer.