PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2016, 10:19
fa2fi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They've always been one of the latest to release. It seems that Jet2 released their flights earlier than ever before this year and it seems they've been on sale for ages.

This summer saw BRS operating all but one NCLBRS rotation allowing the NCL base to concentrate on the beach flights. BRS is back to being operated by NCL aircraft for winter but hopefully they'll do the same next summer allowing the based aircraft to concentrate on holiday flights. It would be great if BFS could do the same freeing up more NCL aircraft time to do new routes or increased frequencies on busier routes.

It's not a lot but the 186Y A320 is on the horizon. If it does 3 returns a day on average a day that's 13,000 extra seats available over the year. The C series would be lovely but I just can't see it. If they do add a new type it wil be the A321 but I doubt they'll be based here.

Although the demographic could support a TLV, it would need a heck of a yield to make it work. It would use up an aircraft for an entire day. Then you've got rest implications for the crew for the next days. It won't be a cheap nor efficient route to operate. And you really could operate two Spain flights. TLV is over twice the distance but you won't necessarily get twice as much per ticket on the route. It's a place that's certainly on my list to visit but it's that little bit too far to go for a weekend break and I'm not sure how much it will appeal to locals here for a whole week. I know I've had the discussion with a couple of colleagues and they agreed it could work.

But who knows. I'm sure we will hear from them soon :-)

Incidentally yesterday was the first Berlin and a water cannon salute met it. I think there's a story going to appear in the Chron and also Las Palmas too.

They've actually now got an advert in the airport too (and it's fairly unmissable!) and I've seen easyJet adds on the sides of a few busses! When you consider that the check in desks are pretty tucked away (unless you're arriving by metro) you could forgive people for forgetting that they even serve NCL.