PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2016, 17:28
AvGeek1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just do not understand BA's logic here. They are facing competition from a carrier that will almost always beat them on price, and BA's product is outdated on the 777 from Gatwick so it's not like they are offering a world class service with this outdated product. Norwegian also have newer aircraft which means their operating costs will be less and there product is in better condition, albeit luxury.

Also, Oakland would have been a better fit for Heathrow as it can offer lots of connections, which would give them an advantage over Norwegian plus they can operate using other newer aircraft like the 787 with a much better product.

BA should be concentrating on unserved markets in their network, like Havana and Seychelles that many have mentioned or should operate routes that will complement their Heathrow services like Bangkok or Miami (unlikely now that FLL has been announced)

I also wondering if BA have any short-haul announcements for S17, they still have gaps in their network that they could operate, like Milan (only operated by easyJet) and Palma (huge leisure route from Gatwick).

All of these routes that have been announced have come as a surprise and I am really pleased, will definitely be using the their Murcia service.