PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2016, 21:27
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any driver parking close to the airport particularly down Eton Green Road can expect to find their car somewhat modified by angry locals if it is parked there for a few days.

The new drop off area, which isn't at its full length yet, has been suffering from motorists parking up for long periods as they again wait for passengers. This problem all but disappeared when the pay barriers were at the end of each drop off lane but with the pay barriers at the other end of the CTA many motorists don't know that the charges still remain. I still hold the belief that no one is charged more than the standard £3 at the moment but that might change later on as apart from a tiny sign on the bend to the entrance the charges are not mentioned anywhere else and as I have already pointed out I can't find a number plate reader to record arrival times.

At the moment this doesn't seem to cause too many problems as there is plenty of kerbside apart from the desire of motorists to drop off as soon as they can on arriving in the drop off area and passengers to wait at the closest point to the terminal instead of spreading themselves down the drop off area.

Also the recovery truck that used to lift cars that had been left unattended has not been around since the drop off zone was moved several months ago so it is not uncommon to see cars parked up for extended periods while the driver wanders into the terminal.

Above a certain size, it isn't possible to build more and more on-site carparks,
The airport are planning to build another multistory car park at the other end of the transit system by Parkway which would allow passengers to use the link to get to the terminal.

Last edited by LTNman; 31st Oct 2016 at 21:59.