PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2016, 12:45
Lee Baker Street

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dropping off passengers by car

I use to disagree with charges for dropping off passengers at the airport but based on how busy it has become these days, if there was no fees then many drivers would literally be hanging around and there would be more problems with traffic flows.

However an issue I have is people turning up in my street with already limited parking for residents and then getting out of their cars and waiting with their luggage to be picked up by taxi and no doubt heading for the airport!

Many streets in Luton are experiencing the same problems which is having a detrimental effect on people living in this town.

The only way this can be remedied is for all streets to be resident parking permit only which then leaves us paying for permits-unless the council agree to supply permits free of charge knowing airport passengers would then have to pay for car parking?

Once the new rail link is opened it could be promoted for drop off passengers as well as train passengers alike-thus greatly reducing traffic to the terminal?