PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So, what is it about this time, CAD
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2016, 04:53
bekolblockage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poorly Managed Adaptation
VSD.
Not much argument from me on the rest but please feel free to come over and tell us which of the 10,000+ VSPs you'd like us to change, within the system limits.
Or are you perhaps somebody who has only ever worked with AT1 and thinks that the only way ATC can be done in HK is the way it was done 20 years ago.
I hate to break it to you but we are the speed bump in the Region now, holding up reduced surveillance separation, simplified handling and just generally a lot less draconian attitude to what the job of an ANSP actually is.
No system, no matter what we bought , be it even the most expensive, expects ATC to be done in such an old fashioned way.
The latest Thales product does not even come with an EFS, so how the hell would we cope???
Funnily enough, places that HK controllers might think are backward are actually more progressive.
And before you get too excited about how busy HK is; even Jakarta Centre has more movements per day. (No disrespect to Jakarta- I chose that as there is this notion that our overflight situation is so unbelievable, when in fact several other FIRs have larger and more complex route structures with vastly more complicated mix of traffic types)

Last edited by bekolblockage; 30th Oct 2016 at 07:18.