PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus Procedures and callouts
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2016, 17:13
Escape Path

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I simply find it amazing that the easier thing to do is usually the hardest. Mate, with all due to respect to everyone: you're flying a 77 ton aircraft that can carry 170+ people at 700+ kmh and you're one of only two guys preventing the thing from making a hole in the ground. Every action done or not can lead to something unexpected and potentially dangerous, even fatal and you know you can make a mistake so easily. Are you telling me that knowing all this, you can't spare a second or two to confirm that you (or your colleague) are not heading to a potentially hazardous situation and call "checked" by mere reflex? Someone said it before, it's called being professional about your job. Simple as that.

We do call out the FMA (Latin American operator), though I'm fairly recent to the type, I came from a turbo prop aircraft on which we also called the FMA. It may be a bit loud and noisy at times, but there comes this flight at night in bad weather where it becomes important to read and call the FMA