PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the PVR rate amongst pilots these days?
Old 27th Oct 2016, 09:15
RetiredBA/BY

Received 45 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
It must be pretty dire in the RAF if pilots are PVR'-ing en masse to be 'locked in a cupboard with a stranger for 2 hours 4 times per day' in the RHS of a 737 taking drunken oiks to watering holes various...

Different in your ba time of course, newt - no room parties or days off in the sun with glamorous hosties these days for most airline crews. Just the misery of being worked to death thanks to rostering computers regarding FTLs as a target rather than a limit.

So glad I never used my ATPL for anything except GA instructing/examining!
So glad you didn't use your ATPL, too. It is just possible, although unlikely, ( my company was very choosey in its pilot selection) you might have been my whinging F/O ( the vast majority of our f/os we're far from whingers) on a 10 hour sector to MCO often followed by some free time in the sun, with a very nice hotel, breakfast included, excellent allowances and a guaranteed seat for my wife when she chose to come along ! ( In a very pleasant 767 or a , then, brand new 757 with their superb flight decks). Oh yes, and a salary comparable to an AVM and a pension FAR better than that of an AVM!

Having PVR,ed many years ago life just got better and better, you don't know what you missed !