PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2016, 20:01
ClearLand08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MPT

The information leaflet provides a little more detail. "The route is proposed to run adjacent to the A1081 in shallow cutting / at grade and then through the existing mid-term car parking area before entering a 'cut and cover' tunnel under the airport taxiway. At the London Luton Airport terminal passengers will leave the people mover and access the terminal."

The configuration inside the CTA is less clear, though the picture puts the station right where the drop-off zone is now and also cutting across the pedestrian bridge from the new multistory car park. It's hard to see where there is room for all of this - though I suppose some of the ground level short term car park could be sacrificed. I find it very strange though these MPT plans have been overlaid on the old/existing CTA layout and not the one currently being built which would be in place before construction on the MPT would start. I'll definitely try to go to the consultation to see if there are any more details.

This is very different to the Environment Impact Assessment screening request on Luton's planning portal which describes a c.700m tunnel going into the CTA.