PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it still possible to get a UK PPL issued
Old 24th Oct 2016, 16:29
Mickey Kaye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many thanks for everyone replies.

FCL have been spoken to today and they said that they are not able to issue UK PPL’s anymore.

Of course they could be wrong and one only has to read some of these forums to see that on occasions that is the case - and some people may feel that my choice of words is being kind here.

Having also read CAP 1414 Page 15 and 16. It states

“We recommend that any existing NPPL holders who wish to gain IMC rating privileges or fly aircraft up to 5700kgs, who ceased flying on a UK PPL due to medical reasons, either make a declaration under the new process (which will come in later this year) and renew the ratings on their UK PPL (if they are still in possession of it) or if necessary apply for a new one.”

So maybe there is a little more mileage left in this. So if anyone could shed anymore light on the matter or tell me of the definitive source that they are no longer able to issue UK PPL’s it would be appreciated.

As for them being fit to fly in IMC or not. Well I am not an AME and it wouldn’t be appropriate to discuss the Px medical condition here. However I am of the opinion that they do meet the requirements for an FAA class one medical.