PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2016, 08:27
sudden twang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quite possibly a perfect answer that many of us could use but I doubt I'd have thought of that on the spot.
Without wishing to detract from your thought provoking post how about a flippant example.
It's the belief ( now rescinded)of the airport authority at a certain UK airport is / was that Tabards should be worn to collect your case. The collection point is in the open air. However reading the user instructions of said tabard it states not to expose to UV light. So to adhere to the beliefs of the airport owners I'm damaging my employers property. I could of course wait for nightfall, a cloudy day or indeed wear the tabard under my uniform jacket as the requirements state a tabard must be worn but doesn't demand that it is used as an outer layer.
The requirement for female crew to wear a winter coat into a ME destination in 40 degree heat and your duty of care as a commander is another potential example.
I'm pleased it's not a real question though and agree it's an amalgamation of 2 questions.