PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2016, 08:28
Right Engine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
McNugget,

I appreciate your point. But BA HR's opinion of a good BA employee is not mutually exclusive to PPrune's collective opinion of what makes a good pilot.
In order to join BA, it's only fair that the odd question about diversity awareness is thrown at you. Despite it's clichéd PC origins, a tell-tale frown from an interviewee will hint at someone who hasn't given diversity much thought. And for those whose frowns are most pronounced, that maybe are from a more bigoted origin.... I hope you'd appreciate why BA might prefer not to employ them.

Having flown with the odd bigot over the years (not many : but we've got 'em!) I'd prefer if our future recruits were easier for everyone to get on with.

I do agree that a question worded "have you ever been too accommodating in a situation regarding cultural diversity/sexuality" is a bit over complicated. But surely that would be a great opportunity to exhibit / show off your excellent communication skills in pointing out the complexities of the question, the sensitive nature of the topic and (hopefully) the lack of anecdotes to answer with!

FWIW, I've got nothing to do with recruitment!