PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates pilot refuses alcohol test
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2016, 19:25
Odins Raven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kapitanleutnant
TU speaks the truth.

Long time ago an FO was indeed tested in the before pickup time waiting for the bus to depart to the airport at an outstation.

He was over the limit. The outstation personnel had him go to the airport on the bus and retake the test again to which he passed. But since he had been over the limit at pickup time, he was offloaded and ended up deadheading back to Dubai.

At the hearing while talking to EGT, the pilot in question brought the fact that the OM-A stated the timing was 12 hours prior to sign in but the bus time was about 1.5 hours prior to sign in. EGT said, "That's not how we interpret the rules". So it is indeed when you step off the elevator into the lobby wearing your uniform in public view.

At that point, he was terminated.

I know this firsthand as the pilot in question told me the story himself.

Kap
Was that the one in SIN where the Canadian was reported by one K****d Al G****l..? If I remember correctly the story went something along the lines of the guy chatting up a hostie in a bar, a hostie that KAG was wanting to get his slimy hands on. Once KAG found out he was close to limits for drinking he reported him to the company who had the testers waiting at pick-up time...

All second hand tales of course so could be BS - but wouldn't surprise me either if true, having met that individual on several occasions...