PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from Emirates. (EK)
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2016, 06:05
777boyindubai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread is a dream for EK Management. It appears we are attacking each other on the strength of Instagram accounts. There were some great guys joining EK but without doubt the flying experience of some of the new joiners is questionable in relation to those that joined a few years back. A few management trolls ready to sacrifice safety for a few shekels undoubtedly have come on here to add to the mix. To the newbies I say look at the type of flying in terms of destinations coupled with fatiguing rosters. Up until recently, the safety record was superb.... the exodus of experienced guys and TRE will make the 571 "incident" a more likely occurance. However there are some great newbies with the right attitude. EK is one of the worst places to join now. To the potential new joiners may I ask who is more credible, people who have been in this airline, who see it daily, who have been lied to and cheated, who don't have a legally binding contract, who are fatigued and who are leaving in unprecedented numbers, at financial loss and worse still moving kids from school and friends as their situation is no longer tenable. OR people who just drink the KoolAid without giving careful thought to why the hours requirement keeps dropping and so many guys fail at joining time? Why has the bond gone up again and again if people are so happy here? Do they ask why so many people across departments are leaving. The effect of regional $50 oil for the medium term. The cost of living. Inflation.... My 17 year old tells me the Jordanian FO is gorgeous and should be a model. He will earn more than you as a pilot, dad!! Hat and coat and best wishes to all.