PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2016, 04:51
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the next few weeks Luton should see the multistory car park and passenger bridge open to the public and hopefully maybe around February / March time the whole of the new CTA road network will open.

If this sorts out the queues it will make a difference but I doubt it that it will. Even now and lets remember it is October 20th I can see the traffic queue is all the way down to the bottom of the hill where the A1081 splits for the airport and the route to Hitchin.

The resurfacing of the short term car park is I would say 10 years over due and particularly in the last 2 or 3 years is a total disgrace. I can't think of any car park that is so full of potholes than Luton so when it finally gets a makeover it should improve the customer experience no end. Again this should be complete by the end of winter.

As for the terminal there will be limited improvements for next summer in the departure lounge when the hoardings are taken down but it will still be a long wait for the terminal extension to open with still no signs of the first steel work going in.