PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MACC go on strike
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2003, 23:33
250 kts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just had a thought about all this.

As the chairman of the BEC is a MACC controller,wouldn't you have thought there would have been endless motions to the Annual Conference demanding to know the truth about what the plan was for MACC. Have there been such motions from a membership who weren't being told the truth?-NO, not that I have been able to find.

There were a few about the location of the car park and claims for extra money because of the long walk into work but NONE about the lack of information about a move 200 miles north.

Seems like this really did take them by surprise or were the heads so far in the sand nobody bothered to read the business plan from two years ago.

Also I await the arguments against the financial savings from the move and the inability to expand the operation within the present ops room.

And Fidgell you're right, NATS has no responsibility for spouse/partner incomes as many of the LACC staff will verify. Yes it is painful having to move but that's what your contract says so leave or move-the option is yours.

If I'm incorrect about the motions I look forward to somebody posting a copy of what was put to conference and was the motion carried.

And as a parting shot I don't know a single OJTI who is not thrilled to see a person validate. It is the culmination of lots of hard work for both the student and for the mentors involved. And remember they are our early retirement!!

Last edited by 250 kts; 8th Aug 2003 at 01:06.