PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from Emirates. (EK)
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2016, 07:57
CamelRustler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lost & kemper

Spot on. The unity here is nonexistent. However, I have had to intervene on flights on more than one occasion because cabin crew wanted to throw each other under the bus for no other reason than to just do so. We do have excellent cabin crew for the most part and our Pursers are outstanding.

What you are seeing on the EK forums is frustration and complete lack of logic and respect by the company when dealing with its pilots. With a particular group routinely and perpetually getting shafted while the rest look away. We all have suffered differing degrees here, and some, not at all. So the angry don't understand the complacent and vice versa. I would put myself in the very angry column and therefore can in no way endorse anyone coming here. At best someone who has experienced few problems here could say they were lucky, and fortunate not to be affected. But they too should also be hesitant when seeing how some of their fellow pilots are treated. They should be thinking, "Who's next?" and at the very minimum, "Whats Next?" Changes are coming so fast and furious here now and it is so unstable, it is not the time to consider EK. Go to the Goat if you want to come out this way.

Sealer-Come on over EK would love to have you. I would very strongly advise against leaving an A320 job at a Major to come here. Best of luck either way.

Last edited by CamelRustler; 19th Oct 2016 at 09:14.