PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from Emirates. (EK)
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2016, 03:12
lostinspace89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So if 99% of airlines seem to have same mis management issues, fatigue problems, lifestyle problems, no money...I guess all here agree to stay away from flying as a career?

Not looking to get attacked but more of an outsider view, from someone thats been a cabin crew before and looking to move up soon. Of course this forum will attract those that are not happy, people that are happy don't go on forums to say they are, especially not on the EK forum I guess as you easily get told you're a troll or management. I've looked at BA, Cathay, EVA, HKA, KAL airline forums and seems like everyone is against joining their airline (including BA, which was surprising). So maybe its not just EK but the whole airline industry. And I'm sorry to say but what seems most absurd is how pilots here attack each other when another pilot doesn't agree with them. I know unions are illegal there but at least standby one another in times of difficulty.

Someone once said on these forums, that pilots are their own worst enemies, and I guess it's true. As I said, I'm just an outsider, ex cc, thinking of the jump as I miss being onboard but then again if it brings so much pain to so many pilots I can't understand why someone would go through with becoming a pilot, so maybe I can also be called crazy for considering it. I can understand that it's hard to leave EK with bond repayments, loans etc and throwing away the hard work you've put into it already, even at the detriment of your health.

We all suffer from Concorde Fallacy...