PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from Emirates. (EK)
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2016, 19:43
Flyingishere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigGeordie
I don't do much twitface or flickgram because I'm too busy having a life and, well, wasting time on here. However, to me it seems all about the impression you want to give. I do sometimes think it would be fun to set up two separate accounts- one to show all the positive stuff about Dubai and Emirates and one to show all the negative. I'm sure I could make people back in the real world green with envy and have them feeling sorry for me at the same time. As ever, the truth would be somewhere in the middle- and the negative stuff would probably get me fired, which is why I won't be doing it.

When people make major decisions about things like moving their family halfway around the world for a new job and a completely new life they really, really want to think they have made the right decision and they want everybody else to think that as well. Hence there is a great reluctance to post anything negative on social media. I don't think I have ever seen a post on Facebook by someone admitting that their new job/car/house/wife is actually a huge mistake and they wish they had never done it/bought it/married it. Call it human nature, call it confirmation bias if you want to sound clever but either way remember- the internet is not real life.
Having a life living on Pprune and ignoring your hateful wife I assume?