PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2016, 14:21
A320ECAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it me or are there four pressing issues at Luton which need correcting immediately:

1) Airport drop off - why is there a charge?

2) Airport road - why is the last mile to the terminal building always gridlocked and why does a three lane roundabout (where nobody is in the correct lane) go into a single lane road?

3) Why is there only one ground crew operating the entire turnaround? Sorry, ground crew plus the dispatcher? We were delayed last week on the ground because there was nobody to marshal us onto stand, then delayed for the steps, then delayed for ground crew to set up the PIG... then delayed for assistance for 2 WCs!

4) Why is the baggage reclaim empty of staff? As we walked through after that flight above, we were stopped by several pax who complained that the bags had not come out yet and had been waiting 20 minutes! No-one from Menzies or Luton to be seen!

Until these issues are ironed out (having looked on Twitter and Facebook group for Luton Airport, these issues are very common), then the airport will not receive any custom from me when I fly as a pax! I'd rather fly out of Ethiopia or Afghanistan!