PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Samsung Tablet / phone problems (Combined)
Old 18th Oct 2016, 13:27
XX621

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KelvinD Yes, indeed...it was purchased brand new from eBay from a "reputable power seller" (I wanted the dual sim variant - hence eBay)..Who refused to accept it back and insisted I take it up with Samsung. I'm currently stuck in dispute process on that eBay front...and also pursuing Samsung on another as no courier firm will officially accept it for transportation. eBay said Samsung will provide fire proof boxes, but it turns out that is for the US market only. eBay are now saying they will refund me if the seller doesn't collect it and / or Samsung don't get in touch within the next few days. So good on eBay, shame on Samsung. It's been 4 weeks now since I purchased the phone, and actually would have been happy to swap it for an S7edge; but now I'm far from sold on Samsung as their actual actions on this have been almost incompetent. The people manning the support lines seem very confused themselves..and just promise a callback which never happens. They just haven't got their s**t together on this at all..stalls springing up at airports to provide replacements is just a media/PR side show. Twitter is full of people who have been left high and dry on this despite being loyal customers.

The Samsung brand is very much tainted now in my mind, and in the mind of many others, I'm afraid. Heard about a Lufthansa pilot yesterday announcing that the S7 was banned on his aeroplane, clearly an honest mistake, but the contagion to the whole range is sadly inevitable.