PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from Emirates. (EK)
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2016, 09:34
alwayzinit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets be honest, emotions are, understandably, running high on both sides of this argument.
Without doubt the T+Cs at EK have nosedived consistently for as long as I have been with EK, 10 yrs, however, those of us in situ can only relay our take on current events, we cannot know what factors are effecting those who still find the idea of EK attractive.
Mrs A and I have financed our children through University and beyond, plus all the other financial commitments associated with transitioning children to independent adults. Primarily thanks to the money paid by EK on the 26th of each month.
HOWEVER, the price that I( and all the other EK Pilots) have physically paid is significant. Leading to Mrs A and me making the required plans to try and "stop the rot" physically.
I do not wish to belittle those who currently fly short haul multisector days, however, the physical effect on one's body's rhythms of multi time zone changes is staggering.
A quick look at the Zombies waiting for transport in Arrivals gives an inkling.
There is, as far as I am aware, no other carrier operating the same roster structure as EK and as such we are in uncharted territory with regards the long term effects of this type of rostered flying.
To those who are tempted, just like every other decision made in aviation, get the facts and make an objective call.
Safe flying guys and gals, sometimes there are things more important than money,