PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2016, 06:10
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think SQUEEZING is the correct term here and I bet you had a far better airport experience at CPH
No not really, in the main departure hall, that is basically one massive high class shopping mall, there was hardly a seat in the place that was not associated with a food outlet. Easyjet and Ryanair share the same gates and lounge located at the furthest point from the terminal so was a very long walk away.

By comparison Luton's departure lounge not only lacks any real length but it also has no depth. Even in October parts of the lounge towards the gates were as busy as Oxford Street with no real passage through the throng of humanity that was waiting for their flights to be called.

Luton departure lounge

The old security area that is now the duty free shop. All passengers have to walk through this route.

Once past the Duty Free shop, which isn't actually duty free for most passengers, the lounge is entered. This route will be closed when the new shops are opened once the terminal extension goes in next year.

One thing I have noticed about Luton's redevelopment is that whole area's are closed off for months before any construction work takes place.

This is looking towards the old duty free shop and is a real mess. The new pier will be accessed from a new corridor that will be put in the far left hand corner.

This is looking in the "better direction"

This photo was taken just beyond the worst area for overcrowding as passengers head for the gates. It was pointless taking a photo there as it was just too crowded to take a meaningful picture. I can't even imagine what it was like here in August. At Copenhagen this sort of open area would contain maybe 5 to 10 passengers.

Last edited by LTNman; 17th Oct 2016 at 07:20.