PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2016, 16:49
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be very surprised if anybody at all had that answer. Education would probably be the first step, but there just isn't the work ethic up here. I know not everybody is academically gifted, I'm certainly not but I bet a lot of people have more potential than they show

Back on topic anyway, I think Ryanair is taking a measured risk with the Polish routes and Madrid, I'm confident it will pay off, and if it does I think the future might start looking a little brighter for us

I've said it before, if the airport is ambitious but careful with Ryanair, it might just provoke a healthy reaction from Easyjet and possibly Jet2

For all I'd love expansion from Thomson, with a few more 4/5 - 10/11 night holiday options and slightly more exotic destinations, I doubt we'll get it. Jet2 are probably too strong on the traditional markets for TOM to expand them, thus not making more exotic destinations worth it. Long haul I hope there's scope for a little more...

I worry about Thomas Cook though, I think they're the number 1 contender, closely followed by Easyjet, for shrinkage in the next few years, unless the powers that be expand cautiously