PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2016, 06:46
northumberlandairway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree on quite a few points here. Madrid was a surprise and let's hope it proves sustainable.

Also the NE is a limited market, of that there is no doubt. With that in mind 2 or 3 rotations a week to any city break destination is more than enough for Newcastle. At one point there seemed to be virtually daily flights to the likes of Budapest, Berlin SXF and Bergamo. That just seemed to be plain silly to me.

Anyone looking at a map would see that Poland was massively underserved in the North East full stop. Despite Brexit we are going to have a reasonably sized Polish population for a while and I would have thought the Jet2 flights to Krakow would have only scratched the surface there. By the way Wroclaw is surprisingly lovely and definitely worth a visit.

Finally every month a fresh batch of 18 year olds arrive on the flight scene who may want to explore Europe. Admittedly Ibiza is much more appealing to them than Gdansk, but my point is there will be a time when these young people emerge into the market for city breaks. This is happening now, demographics change constantly. And who knows? If they like it they might go twice.