PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2016, 00:36
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To change topic, how are people feeling about the impending/long awaited new routes... Particularly EZY to Berlin, which is IMHO a huge step in the right direction, and the barrage of new FR routes to Gdansk, Madrid, Warsaw and Wroclaw. I'm hoping they all bring in at least some inbound tourism but personally I'm going to Warsaw in December with my mam, Berlin in January with 3 mates and seriously looking at Madrid in April/May... Cities I've been interested in but only taken seriously since direct flights became available

Despite the bad feelings around FR, I definitely feel it will improve profitability at NCL because it keeps the airport busier after the based A/C leave, and should hopefully, slightly improve seasonality with the increase in year round flights

I do have doubts about just how many people actually want to fly to so many new destinations, but we did have a daily flight to Berlin and Krakow, so if the demand was there 10 years ago, why isn't it there now?

I hope this is the growth we've missed out on the last few years, and I think we could be close to 5mppa for 2016 and almost guaranteed it for 2017

If TFS and LPA work out for EZY I wonder if they might jump in on FNC since TOM have left and LS haven't increased frequency (LF's on LS/TOM on 2 weekly 738's were healthy - and they left within a few hours of eachother)

Legacy growth, I think, will be limited... I think BA will decrease but AF/KL/EI/EK will stay healthy, perhaps with limited scope for growth. I'm more doubtful for x2 daily EK now since EY/QR at EDI and more A380's at MAN, but sustaining the daily 77W shouldn't be a problem at all